Upcoming Events

  • Show Dates and Details are subject to change without notice. Always check with the promotion to confirm.
  • ****************************************************
  • Saturday April 30 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday May 7 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday May 13 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday May 27 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday May 28 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday June 4 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday June 10 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday June 24 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday June 25 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday July 2 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday July 8 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday July 22 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday July 30 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday August 6 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday August 12 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday August 26 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday August 27 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday September 3 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday September 9 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday September 23 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday September 24 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday October 1 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday October 14 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday October 28 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday October 29 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday November 5 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday November 11 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday November 19 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Friday November 25 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday December 3 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Friday December 9 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday December 10 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • ****************************************************
  • Please send results from any San Antonio area wrestling shows to bayou_926@hotmail.com (include "Wrestling" in subject line)

Sunday, September 02, 2007

A New Wrestling Promotion In San Antonio!

The following announcement was released today announcing the emergence of Southern Championship Wrestling by Don "Haz" Holding.

I remember as a kid going to the world famous Sportatorium in Dallas Texas, also at Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth watching World Class Championship Wrestling. Man what great stars I was able to enjoy on Saturday nights, actually it was known as Big Time Wrestling from the late 60s when stars like Johnny Valentine, Stan Stasiak, Lord Alfred Hayes, Fritz VonErich which is when the actually feud started with Gary Hart that lasted over 20 years, I remember watching the Von Erich boys walking into the ring for there first time, The great feuds with the Freebirds was something that fans will never forget, I remember the news on the day in February when they found the great David VonErich no longer with us in Japan. Through all of the Ups and downs in this era of wrestling, One thing was a constant, the fans, the fans were always there, you can list the 1,000s of guys who performed in that square circle, so many things changed but the fans were always there, Were did they go? Where did I go?

I went to a local San Antonio promotion in January, I did not know anything about it until the day of, I was among 75 people and sitting in there something stirred in me, something I have not felt in some 20 years, The guys put on one heck of a show, It was almost a travel back in time, after the show, I was thinking, for that kind of entertainment and living in a city of a million people, where is everyone?

I started studying, I went to several more shows, I have talked with and met new upcoming stars in the business, I have talked with some legends, the more I talked, I listened even more, It got me excited, See, I think some where through all of this, it is the fans that were left out, Sure WWE has a following, I have been on the front row of a WWE show more than once, great stars, Vince is a genius, When I was on that second row in January with 75 other fans, that is what I was looking for. On that night and other shows that I have seen this year in the local venues, These guys who perform are second to none, the sacrifices these guys make to put on a show is incredible, After learning all of this, I have made one of the biggest and Boldest decisions of my life, I to am willing to give up something, See next year, I had a sponsor deal for me to fish at the next level, I have worked years for this, People who know me know what a passion I have for competitive Bass Fishing, I love it, all of the things I worked for so many years were set up for that next step in 08 but I have decided to put down the fishing poles, Not entirely but at the level I was to fish at, I am willing to do that because of what the vision I have in Wrestling.

I would like to announce that a new Promotion is born, I would like to introduce Southern Championship Wrestling. That’s right, Southern Championship Wrestling will be in business as of Sunday September 9-2-07 with our first show in November, The website will be completed in around 2 weeks and when it is completed the date will be announced for the show, time and location.

The one thing that is most important that I have learned over the last several months is respect, respect for the wrestlers, respect for the business, it is the biggest thing, The other promotions have mine, The wrestlers sure as heck have mine, I hope buy the way that I build this Southern Championship Wrestling, I earn the respect of fans, the wrestlers and other promoters who love wrestling as much as I do. I look forward on introducing some of the great talent that we have here locally and state wide, I hope with Southern Championship Wrestling that we can tell a story, a story of a treasured time in wrestling, a story that somehow was lost in a journey over the last 20 years, I give my word, I will work like other to get that story back out to the fans.

Look for the website is two weeks and look for the first Southern Championship Wrestling Show in November.
See You soon.
Don “Haz” Holding

No comments: