Upcoming Events

  • Show Dates and Details are subject to change without notice. Always check with the promotion to confirm.
  • ****************************************************
  • Saturday April 30 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday May 7 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday May 13 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday May 27 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday May 28 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday June 4 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday June 10 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday June 24 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday June 25 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday July 2 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday July 8 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday July 22 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday July 30 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday August 6 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday August 12 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday August 26 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday August 27 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday September 3 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday September 9 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday September 23 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday September 24 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday October 1 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday October 14 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Friday October 28 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday October 29 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Saturday November 5 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • Friday November 11 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday November 19 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Friday November 25 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday December 3 - Southern Championship Wrestling - 8:00 PM - SCW Sports Station - 3890 HWY 132 - Lytle
  • Friday December 9 - Texas Wrestling Association - 7:45 PM - Texas Wolverine All-Star Gym - 1334 S. Flores
  • Saturday December 10 - River City Wrestling - 8:00 PM - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church - 1630 Goliad Rd.
  • ****************************************************
  • Please send results from any San Antonio area wrestling shows to bayou_926@hotmail.com (include "Wrestling" in subject line)

Saturday, October 06, 2007

RCW to go on hiatus after October 20 event

River City Wrestling owner Brandon Oliver issued the following announcement today:

This is a hard decision to make, but after talking with close associates as well as family, I have decided to put RCW on hiatus for a period of time undetermined effective after the October 20 event. This has actually been decided for a few months, but I will make it official following the October 20 event.

This has been a decision that I have been discussing for awhile now, and recent outside interests have cemented this decision for me.

At this time, I would like to make the following thank yous:

Thank you to the fans for supporting us and adopting us. I never believed I would see fans wear RCW shirts at WWE and Ring of Honor events – and these included events outside of San Antonio and even Texas – but it happened. At the top of my list of “pros” for continuing RCW was the fans, providing them enjoyment after the local scene was in the doldrums for so many years. You inspired us to perform and breathe new life into San Antonio wrestling. The fans went above and beyond in caring about RCW and those within RCW. You have affected so many of us, and I thank you.

The second thank you goes out to the volunteers of RCW – the nameless faces who volunteered their time and efforts to help a product grow. These individuals did what they could to make sure RCW put on the best show it could.

Thank you to my family, who stayed and helped after many others have left. Without their support, nothing is possible. Thank you to my best friend Josh. He was also my support.

And, without question, thank you to the wrestlers, referees, announcers, managers, production team and all of those that made up RCW. You guys put your heart and soul behind this product, and I appreciate it. You put RCW ahead of things and helped it grow.

I believe that if I cannot give 100% to promoting RCW, then I should stop. Last year, when my daughter was born, I took time off because quite frankly there were days when I wasn’t sure if I would see her again. However, RCW was my solace … I kept in contact with fans, wrestlers, and volunteers, and kept thinking about returning. With my daughter gaining strength, but still in the hospital, I made a decision to restart RCW.

And as I said, if I can’t give 100% to promoting RCW, then I should step out. So, I am making that decision. I have been in the wrestling business for seven years, and RCW has existed since 2002. Bare in mind that this isn’t permanent, but this break is very needed and necessary.

I want to wish the local wrestling scene a lot of luck, and hope everyone aspires to and achieves their goals.

I will be supporting PWI and a new promotion opening up called Southern Championship Wrestling, promoted by Don Holding. I have spoke with Holding many times and I believe he will do an excellent job.

Once again, thank you. Thanks for the memories. RCW has meant a lot to me, and I hope it has meant a lot to you.


Sincerely,
Brandon Oliver

No comments: